Saturday, July 25, 2015

Addilyn Grant

While I had a few minutes to myself with both kids sleeping I thought I would use the time to write down Addilyn's birth story.

So beginning the night of Friday, July 3 I was up most of the night with painful contractions. After being up with them for awhile, I woke Jake up around 1:00 am and asked if he would help me time them, he graciously agreed. After timing them for an hour he felt like we needed to go to the hospital since they were very consistent, coming every 3 minutes and lasting between 40 and 60 seconds.  I was so nervous to get in the car and head to the hospital because I didn't want to get sent home like I did with Kason. We also would have had to call Jake's cousin over to come and sleep with Kason, and I didn't want to disturb her unless it was the real deal. I decided to call Labor and Delivery and see what they thought.  They recommended taking some Tylenol and if the Tylenol didn't help then to come in. Unfortunately, the Tylenol helped and I fell asleep around 4:30. We were kind of disappointed in that we were hoping for a 4th of July baby. The 4th of July weekend was fun, but no baby in sight. On Monday morning I woke up feeling a little off, and began to once again get my hopes up.  As the day went on, I began to feel better and better, much to my disappointment. That night we went to bed around 10:30-11:00.  About 11:30 I began to feel some contractions, but nothing major. I decided to take some Tylenol and see if that made them go away or not. By 12:00 am they were feeling pretty intense and I began to time them. Once again, they were coming very regularly and lasting a minute, but they weren't any more painful than the ones I felt a few nights before. At 12:30 they really picked up, I woke Jake up and told him that I thought it was time to go to the hospital. He jumped out of bed as if he had been expecting it the whole time! We quickly called his cousin (who lives next door) and she was over here in a minute. As we left, I told her I was really sorry if it wasn't the real deal and we were sent home. ( I was still feeling like I might get sent home.)

Although, by the time we arrived at the hospital at 12:45 I was feeling pretty confident that the baby was coming. They quickly hooked me up to the monitors and we discovered that I was at a 7! A 7 for reals? I got all the way to a 7 that quickly? Well, then the panic set in. With Kason I missed my window for an epidural and I was panicking that I would once again miss the window since you can't be past an 8 to get one.  Lucky for me there were four other women having babies that morning and the anesthesiologist was already at the hospital ready to roll. Around 1:30 I got my epidural and he told me I shouldn't have waited so long to come in....well I didn't wait that long, I only had contractions for an hour before we made the quick decision to come in. The epidural was great, it eased the pain and for a couple of hours I could actually enjoy the experience. Around 3:00 the pain started to get really intense and sure enough I was complete and ready to have a baby.  They called my doctor at 3:05 and my amazing doctor was in my room at 3:12, scrubbed up with a smile on his face.  He broke my water at 3:15 and  I began pushing.

Sweet baby Addi entered this world at 3:23 AM on July 7, 2015. Weighing in at 7 lbs. 15 oz, measuring 21 inches long. She beat her brother by 2 ounces and 1/2 an inch. We spent all day Tuesday and Tuesday night at the hospital and we were headed home by 11:00 on Wednesday morning. She was born with a head full of blonde hair just like her brother and she is a complete sweetheart. Other than being a little jaundiced, she is healthy and happy. Although, she hates being on the jaundice light bed. Kason loves her dearly, he loves to give her kisses and hold her. He also likes to watch her as she sleeps and say, " Be-be Ah-ee seeping."  (Baby Addi sleeping.) He is learning how to adjust to having a baby sister around, it is difficult for him sometimes to have share his mom with her, but overall he is handling it better than expected. He also doesn't like having to be quiet all of the time.
Addilyn Grant
Kason meeting his baby sister for the first time

First family picture
Jake spending time with Addi

More getting to know each other
Kason sure loves "his" bee-bee Ah-ee



Spending time on her bili-bed. She hated it!


As a little side note, if you read Kason's birth story, I mention how my dad predicted his due date. (Kason was born on his due date of August 19, 2013) and my dad predicted that he would be born on exactly his due date. Well my dad did it again! My official due date for Addilyn was July 10, 2015. At my 18 week ultrasound for her she was measuring a few days big to be born on July 7.  The doctor didn't move my due date since it was only by a few days, but knowing this, my dad predicted that she would come on her unofficial due date of July 7, 2015, and what do you know? Addi was born on exactly that....July 7, 2015. That is twice now that he has correctly predicted my baby's due date! With my next baby if I want to know when he/she will come I will just ask my dad since he has a pretty good track record!

No comments:

Post a Comment