Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break

Wow, I am terrible at this whole blogging thing! This last week Jake and I spent our Spring break in Wyoming with his family. I guess I should call it a Winter break because of the snow! We had a lot of fun! The eight hour drive was definitely worth it! On Monday the 12 we went skiing at Grand Targhee which was a great resort. For the first hour we had a refresher lesson which proved very useful. We then spent the rest of the day skiing, trying jumps, and falling. The weather was perfect for skiing. On Tuesday we got up early and drove to West Yellowstone, Montana where we rented some snowmobiles to take through the park. We drove on snowmobiles through Yellowstone with our tour group. We saw a lot of fun animals that I have never seen before. I saw my first buffalo, elk, and coyote. We droves to Old Faithful and saw that erupt. Afterwards we ate lunch and then began our snowmobile journey back to West Yellowstone. On Wednesday we drove to Jackson Hole, Wyoming to take a sleigh ride through an elk refuge. It was fun to see all of the elk, we saw about a thousand of them. Quite a few of the bulls hadn't lost their antlers yet so we got to see some big antlers. Jakes uncle was our sleigh driver. We had a good time visiting with him and learning about the elk. I also saw my first moose in Jackson. I was told moose were rare and I probably wouldn't see one on this trip. But there along side the road was two moose! My trip was complete! On Thursday I stayed home with Jake because he was sick while everyone else went to the temple in Rexburg, Idaho. We had a very relaxing day watching the NCAA tournament on TV. The rest of the trip was filled with games, reading, lots of food, and even herding some sheep!

Old Faithful

The family at Fire Hole Falls (the prettiest spot on the whole trip)
Skiing at Grand Targhee

No comments:

Post a Comment