Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A small tribute to fall

Can you feel it? Fall is here! Yesterday I pulled out my long jeans and cardigan because it was too chilly for shorts and t-shirts. You see, I have this love/hate relationship with this season. I love the cooler weather, the changing leaves, the smell of my pumpkin pie spice scentsy, fall decorations, and of course the holidays. I hate this season because it also signals that winter is on the way, and I HATE winter. You would think that after living in Cedar for close to 24 years I would be used to the cold weather and the snow....Nope. I hate driving in it, I hate going out in it, and I hate having to scrape my car. The only time I enjoy the snow is around Christmas time, after that, I am done and ready for spring. 

So two weekends ago we had the chance to go to Lake Powell one last time for the summer. To get to Lake Powell we have to drive over Cedar Mountain. As we were driving I couldn't believe that the leaves on the trees were already starting to change on the top. It definitely felt like fall on our drive over. Once we got to the lake it felt like the middle summer again as the temperatures were in the high 80s and the sun was out and shining. 

Once we arrived back in Cedar, once again I was anxious for fall after the drive over the mountain. I had promised Jake that I wouldn't put any fall decorations out until October....but, I couldn't wait any longer, I put my fall wreath on the door, pulled out a few other small decorations, and threw a pumpkin pie spice wax cube in my warmer, and voila my house felt cozy. I also had the urge to bake with pumpkin, so I made a couple batches of pumpkin cookies and a couple of batches of pumpkin bars, and our house was in full fall mode.

At this moment, I love fall. I love it all. Give me a month or so and I will be sad to see it over and winter on its way. But for now, fall is good, fall is very good. 
View on the top of Cedar Mountain

1 comment: